Monday, July 25, 2011

Puppy Chow


Puppy chow, muddy buddies...call it whatever you'd like, this stuff is delicious and seriously addicting. I remember as a kid seeing the recipe on the box of Chex cereal wondering why my mother never thought to make this for me. Chocolate, nutella and confectioners sugar coating wonderfully crunchy cereal? A kid could only dream and now that I have my own house and my own kitchen I make this whenever we are having company over and I always get the same reaction....people just love this stuff!

If you've never had, you must stop everything you're doing, run to the nearest supermarket and make this immediately. I promise you won't regret it. Share it amongst friends or keep it all for yourself, that part I'll let you decide.



Puppy Chow
Yield: 9 cups
Prep Time Start to Finish: 10 minutes

Ingredients

  • 9 cups Chex cereal
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup Nutella (or creamy peanut butter)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1.5 cups powdered sugar
  • Ziploc bag
In a double boiler or microwavable safe bowl melt the chocolate, Nutella and butter until the mixture is smooth and then stir in the vanilla. 

Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl and pour the chocolate mixture over the top. Using a rubber spatula mix until all of the cereal is coated. 

Next put the confectioners sugar into the Ziploc bag and place approximately cereal inside, (you may need to use 2 bag depending on the size). Seal the bag and shake until everything is fully coated in sugar.

Return the cereal to a bowl or platter and allow to cool in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container. 

I drizzled a little chocolate on top right before serving to make it look even more appetizing!




No comments: