Friday, December 16, 2011

My Favorite Foodie Gifts 2011 Edition

Christmas is just around the corner and that means every item in any store has the potential to be an awesome Christmas gift for someone (or even me!). This time of year I especially love exploring stores and seeing new gadgets or toys for the kitchen. So I decided to create a round up of my favorite foodie gifts for this year, hopefully Santa will catch wind of this list and a thing or two appear under my tree this year.

S'Mores Basket with Handle from Crate & Barrel ($6.95)


Can I just ask how cool this thing is? S'mores are one of my favorite treats and to me the summer just isn't complete without a weekly dosage of them. This handy little basket makes s'more making a cinch and helps create the perfect s'more every time! The $6.95 price tag doesn't hurt one bit either.

Tovolo Better Batter Whisk from Sur La Table ($11.95)


I just came across this unique whisk a couple of days ago and I have to say I just love it. No more chilling sound of metal on metal as you scrape your bowls and these whisks are sure to get every last drop of batter out of any mixing bowl. Plus, how cute are they in these vibrant colors? I'll take a purple one Santa!

Soda Stream (pricing varies)



Now I'm not a huge soda drinker, in fact I rarely drink it at all. But I look enjoy juice and seltzer and mixing almond syrup into seltzer to make an Italian drink my mother-in-law got me hooked on. I love the idea of making your own soda at home because of the fact that you can adjust the level of sweetness you want and have fun customizing your own flavors. I think in the long run making your own seltzer and soda is far more cost effective as well.

Bacon of the Month Club from Zingerman's ($99 for three months, $189 for six) & Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar ($7.50)

I'm combining these two into one because, well...I'd like them both and they both have to do with bacon. My husband and I first learned about Zingerman's bacon of the month club on the Food Network's The Best Thing I Ever Ate from Michael Symon. This would just rock, imagine getting high quality, tasty bacon delivered right to your door every month? Hello! Sign me up!

As for Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon bar...I have been drooling over this bar ever since I heard of it but have yet to give in to temptation. Maybe this year will be the year...

iSi Easy Whipper from Sur La Table ($60.00)


I don't think there's much explanation needed for this one, after all how cool is the concept of making your own whipped cream on a moments notice? Can you just imagine the conversation? Ice cream, hot chocolate anyone? Would you like some whipped cream, hold on let me whip some up for you (haha forgive the pun). Yes I can see it happening.

Anniversary Bundt Pan from Williams Sonoma ($34.95)


I do already own a bundt pan as you may realize from earlier posts, but I have to be honest, I'm really not a fan of it. I would like to own a bundt pan that makes pretty bundt cakes like the one posted above. That way when I bake a bundt cake and we all reenact the scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I can be proud of my boondt....you're what? A boondt! It's a boondt cake!



This thing is just cool. I love decorating cakes, but it's a pain in the you know what to do it without a rotating cake stand. I would love to channel my inner Duff or Cake Boss and whip up cakes like the best of them using this cake stand for decorating.  

Apron from Flirty Aprons ($27.95-$34.95)


I was never really an apron person but after making a big enough mess of myself in the kitchen a few times I realize I could learn to appreciate a good apron. I stumbled across Flirty Aprons a month or so ago and have been debating buying one ever since. I don't even know which one I'd want, they're all so cute and fun. They're the perfect gift for any woman who loves being in the kitchen. 

4 Piece Square Bowl and Bamboo Serving Tray byFood Network from Kohls ($39.99)


My husband and I both really love unique and fun serveware. We came across this one shopping in Kohl's one day and both loved it. I would love to serve up some olives, maybe my sundried tomato tapenade and some seasoned olive oil in those bowls paired with some nice crusty Italian bread and different cheese. It's the perfect serving tray for an antipasto.

Tasting Party Starter Set from the Pier 1 ($24.95)




If I'm being candid, I'd honestly love any piece from the Pier 1 Tasting Collection. All the pieces are so much fun and would really make for a great dinner party. I like the starter set because for $25 you can get a really nice collection of pieces and throw a fun party. I especially love the shot glasses and tasting spoons. Wouldn't you just love to go to a tasting party?

And that's the round up folks!



1 comment:

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table said...

I love these ideas! Especially the chocolates - I am addicted to Vosges!