Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Syrup


Here's yet another Pinterest treasure that I found while browsing the other day. It amazes me that as little time as I feel I have on a day to day basis, I still manage to squeeze out a little time each day to browse for and at times even make some recipes from Pinterest. This particular recipe took less than 10 minutes to put together and quite honestly couldn't have stumbled across it at a better time. I literally just ran out of Hersey's Syrup two days before I came across this recipe which is how I knew it was meant to be.


I even told the hubby that I thought it was meant to be but he didn't quite see the correlation between us running out of chocolate syrup and me finding a recipe on Pinterest. Ah men...what can you do, sometimes they just don't understand. Regardless, I went ahead and made it and guess what? It was delicious, in fact I have my doubts that I will ever buy the commercial version again. The best part was my hubby asked if I could find or come up with a recipe for homemade hot fudge.....hmmm I think I smell a challenge!

The recipe came from this lovely blog called Glorious Treats and I didn't change a single thing except I used regular cocoa powder from Trader Joe's. Her recipe was divine and it is most definitely a keeper.

I'm not even going to retype the recipe myself since I made it exactly the way she did, instead I encourage you to check out the link right here and enjoy the eye candy photograph I posted above.

8 comments:

Peggy said...

I love stumbling upon things like these on Pinterest! Great looking sauce =)

Kiri W. said...

Wow, what a cool idea! It never even occurred to me I could make this myself!

Unknown said...

I never thought of making my own chocolate syrup. Thanks for the recipe, I'll try it.

The Smart Cookie Cook said...

I love Pinterest! It's full of wonders. I've never heard of homemade chocolate syrup before, but I totally love the idea!

Steph said...

Who knew you could make chocolate sauce at home! This looks so decadent!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist said...

I LOVE THIS!! I've been dying to try my own sauce. Love this!

Choc Chip Uru said...

This syrup is perfect - drizzly, dark, chocolatey with a hint of delicious fudginess to it - a winner of a recipe :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru
Latest: 3 Layer Brownie Cheesecake

Emily said...

Great recipe! Brownie sundaes with chocolate sauce are my favorite dessert. I could eat a gigantic one right now. Yum!