Saturday, June 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals - June Edition!



It's Foodie Pen Pal time again! Here's a quick run down/reminder for those of you who are unfamiliar! The rules are pretty simple, you sign up here at Lindsay's blog, The Lean Green Bean. Once you get your match for the month you email them and find out a little about them and their preferences. Then you put together an awesome package for $15 and send it to them. Staying true to the pen pal concept it is required of you to include a handwritten note inside saying anything you'd like and that's it! 




Oh where to start? This was a fun package chock full of yummy, healthy options! Perfect for the summertime in my opinion! My Foodie Pen Pal Jana sent me some almond thin crackers that look super yummy and I think are just calling for some Trader Joe's Cookie Butter to be spread on top! She also sent some food bars full of nutritious ingredients - one in a berry flavor and the other chocolate! I can't wait to try these, I'm sure they're going to be delicious.

There was also a chocolate bar filled with cherries! I love that idea and I have been resisting opening it until I have someone to share it with so I don't eat it all!


Jana also sent me some granola which honestly couldn't have been better timing because we had JUST ran out of granola and hubby likes to put it in his yogurt and we both put it in our cereal. This one was vanilla and blueberry flavored and so yummy, I loved the tartness the blueberries added to it!


And last but not least was a bottle of tart cherry juice, I've never seen anything like this before and I'm so psyched to try it! I may actually just take a sip and then try to incorporate the juice in a baked good or bread. Who knows! But I'll keep you all posted.

Until next time!

No comments: