Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bakin' Friends! - July 2012 Edition


I was so excited when I saw Steph post about wanting to do a baked goods swap on her blog Steph's Bite by Bite and i couldn't wait to get started and join in on the first month. The photo you see above is a picture of the delicious breakfast cookies I received from Amanda. They were delicious and I just loved how strongly the bacon came through and I thought the toffee chips were a nice touch.
The recipe for these cookies is as follows:

BREAKFAST BACON COOKIES 
1/2 lb. bacon
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 c. corn flakes
1/2 c. raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon until very crisp; drain well. Break in 1/2" pieces. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and soda, stir in butter mixture. Stir in bacon, corn flakes and raisins. Drop by teaspoons 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool 1 minute. Remove to racks to cool. Makes 2 dozen. No need to refrigerate. Toffee chips were added to this recipe as well!


I sent out these bad boys to my Bakin' Friend, and I'll be featuring the recipe for these Candied Bacon Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies later this week so keep an eye out for this one! The hubby went nuts over these, as did many of our friends - it was a good thing I made a double recipe or I don't think I would have had enough to send out! 



For those new to the Bakin' Friends concept, here's the rundown on how it works; a random ingredient is chosen for each month and all participants must create a baked good featuring that ingredient. You then get to ship out your baked good to your Bakin' Friend for the month along with your recipe and a little note saying hello, it's as simple as that folks! Make sure you join in next month!

You can also get the full scoop here.


1 comment:

Steph said...

Breakfast cookies!! YUMMM!!!