Wednesday, November 9, 2011

7-Up (or Sprite) Biscuits


This is yet another recipe that I have Pinterest to thank for. Upon my browsing last week I came across these 7-Up Biscuits that were all the rave apparently. They promised to be quick and easy and taste like KFC biscuits... Have I mentioned that I love KFC biscuits? Especially with a little honey drizzled on top. So naturally I had to make these. 

I ran to the supermarket to pick up the only ingredient I didn't have in stock - the 7-Up and because Sprite was on sale I figured it couldn't be all that different and went with that instead. Hey, we all have to cut corners somewhere right?

Anyway these biscuits, as promised where delicious and amazing and incredibly quick to whip up on a moments notice. Literally, I had them made and baked all within a 20 minute time span. I dont think opening up a can of biscuits would have even been quicker (well maybe, but that's not really the point here anyway). The only thing I would have done differently is make them as drop biscuits rather than rolling them out and cutting them. I think the end product would have been a bit lighter had I made them that way instead.

Either way you choose to form your biscuits, enjoy!

7-Up Biscuits
Yield: 1 dozen biscuits
Prep Time: 5 minutes     I     Bake Time: 12 minutes

Ingredients
  • 2 cups Bisquick (or similar product)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup 7-up
  • 1/4 melted butter
Mix the first three ingredients in a large mixing bowl until they are well incorporated, make sure not to over beat the dough.

The dough will be very soft. Sprinkle a little extra bisquick on a cutting board or your counter and pat out the dough into approximately 1/2 thickness. (Alternatively you can opt to make drop biscuits by dropping approximately 2 inch balls of dough into the pan.)

Cut the biscuits and place in a greased 9x9 inch pan. Pour the melted butter over the biscuits and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.


1 comment:

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table said...

Neat idea! I've done diet soda with cake mix before... will try this too!